A range of clinical and academic services are provided in Medical A ward
- Consultant ward rounds are conducted regularly on daily basis with updated professional teaching.
- Medical care services (both diagnostic and therapeutic) are provided to in-door patients admitted in medical A ward.
- Out-patient clinics in OPD (Every Tuesday and Every 4thMonday & Saturday)
- Patient management in A&E department on take days (Every Monday/Tuesdayand every 4THSaturday &Sunday).
Patients are managed according to National and International guidelines. SOPs of common diseases are prepared by Head of the department andWritten as well as soft copies are available.
In Medical unit, we provide services to patients suffering from a variety of illnesses /diseases both emergency and stable, including
- Neurological diseases like Stroke (ischemic & hemorrhagic),Meningitis (bacterial, tuberculous and viral), Epilepsy (including statusepilipticus),GuillainBarre Syndrome and Myastheniagravis etc.
- Gastro-intestinal and Hepato-biliary diseases like chronic liver disease and its complications (hepatic encephalopathy, variceal bleed, SBP, massive ascites and hepatomas); acute & chronic hepatitis (including CHB, CHC), Pancreatitis and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Hematological diseases like Aplastic anemia, iron deficiency anemia, hemolytic anemias, Leukemias, Immune thrombocytopenic purpura and hemophlias etc.
- Respiratory disease like, Asthma (including acute severe asthma/status asthmaticus), COPD (including acute exacerbation), Tuberculosis, etc.
- Cardiovascular diseases like acute heart failure/ pulmonary edema, hypertension, coronary artery disease (including ACS) etc.
- Endocrine disorders like Diabetes mellitus and its complications (diabetic ketoacidosis, hyperosmolar hyperglycemic state, hypoglycemia and diabetic foot), thyroid diseasesand adrenal diseases etc.
- Multisystem/Rheumatoligical diseases likeRheumatoid arthritis, SLE, scleroderma,Vasculitides andsarcoidosis etc.
- All types of infectious diseases including acute and chronic infections.
Following clinical procedures are performed when indicated:
- Lumbar Puncture (for CSF opening pressure, cytology and chemistry),
- Chest Tube Insertion,
- CVP lines,
- Pleural Biopsy,
- Liver Biopsy,
- Bone Marrow Aspiration
- IV cannulation, nasogastric intubation and urinary catheterization
- Blood transfusions
Academic program as per Rota including:
- Journal Club (monthly)
- Mortality Meeting (monthly)
- maging sessions (monthly)
- Hospital CPC (Tuesday and Thursday)
- Power point presentations (weekly basis)
- Long Case /Short Cases/Mini-CEX sessions (during ward rounds and weekly basis)
- Mini-Lecture Room in Medical “A” Unit with facilities of Multi-media and illuminators for X-ray, CT, MRI images.
- Learning Resource Centre (LRC) with Internet facility/ three Wi-Fi systems provided to all PGTs free of cost.
|1||Professor Dr.M.Abdur Rahman Afridi||11|
|2||Dr. Riaz Muhammad||10|
Medical A OPD Days
|Name of Depatt:||consultant's OPD||Room No|